How to Setup a Website, what you will need.To set up a new website, first you need to choose a domain name, register your site through a domain name registrar, and choose a website hosting service/provider.
When choosing a domain name.Your domain name is your website’s address on the web so choose a good one.
- Descriptive Name: The name of your company and the content you’ll put on your site. The domain name is one of the first things people notice about a site so it should provide a good idea what your site’s about.
- Short and Easy to remember Domains: Keep the domain name short and simple. If it’s long and complicated, it’ll be hard for people to remember unless it’s a phrase or search term.
- Think Business Expansion and Be Adaptive: A domain name is likely be tied to your site for a long time. Choose one that will work, even if your site’s content changes over time. If John plans to have a football jersey sales website, jerseysales.com would be a better domain name than footballjerseysales.com. This allows for john to expand into different sports later. And is shorter.
- Uptime and Downtime: Uptime is the amount of time servers are up and running. Any hosting provider can go down. You will want to find a provider with very little downtime. This is a constant factor with google website ranking
- Bandwidth: Bandwidth shows how much data your site can send to the rest of the internet and determines how much traffic your site can support. Some hosting providers limit the bandwidth available to your website while others allow unlimited access to websites.
- Security: Be aware of safeguards the hosting provider sets in place to protect your site from external factors (attempted hacks). Understand if support will be offered when a security issue arises, such as if your site is hacked or infected by malware.
- Customer support: When something goes wrong with your site, you’ll want good customer support to resolve any issues quickly.
- Price: Hosting providers charge a wide range of prices. You need to balance how much you’re willing to pay with the services you’ll receive in return.
- Ease of use: Make sure the user platform is intuitive and easy to use. If you’re creating a site yourself, is it easy to get started or do you need to have setup knowledge. Point and Click.
- Services and features: Make sure the hosting provider offers the things your website may need, such as email accounts, ftp access.
Pinguis Website Design and SEO provide free Domain Name Registration.